Solar Panels Perth
Powerful, efficient technology you can trust for decades to come
LG panels – LG solar
As the market leader with the longest product warranty on the market, LG offers a premium higher efficiency panel, which is manufactured in South Korea. LG only manufacture monocrystalline N-type cells which have greater efficiency and lower degradation compared to more common lower cost poly or multicrystalline P-type cells.
LG solar panels offer:
- A peace of mind solution, as they are backed by an established global brand
- Credibility, with LG now the largest consumer brand in the solar space, with the largest consumer business locally of any solar panel manufacturer in Australia
- LG NeON 2 award-winning panels, with cutting-edge cell technology and enviable looks
- Ideal solar solution to homes with limited roof space or looking to expand their solar system by adding battery storage for instance. The CELLO technology used in the LG NeON 2 modules increases their efficiency and reliability. It consists of better temperature coefficient in hot weather, 12 wire busbars (whilst conventional PV modules only have 3 or 4), and lower long-term degradation.
Australis Solar is an LG Authorised Solar Platinum Partner.
REC – REC solar
Founded in Norway in 1996, REC Group is the leading European brand for solar panels and has been providing sustainable and high-performance products, services, and investments for the solar industry for over 20 years.
REC solar panels offer:
- 25 year product warranty
- Innovative split module design with half-cut cells, rather than the standard full size square cells
- Designs that are divided into top and bottom halves and if one half is shaded it won’t affect the output of the other. This makes them more tolerant to partial shade and soiling than many other panels
- Reliability. Internal testing which is twice as stringent as industry standards, only an average of 400 REC panels come back every year out of the 4 million that are manufactured. This is a return rate of just 0.0001%.
LONGi – LONGi Solar
LONGi Solar is a Chinese company that is a tier one manufacturer of solar panels. They only produce monosilicon panels and may be the largest monosilicon solar panel manufacturer globally. LONGi supplies more than 30GW of high-efficiency solar wafers and modules worldwide yearly, about a quarter of global market demand.
LONGi is recognised as the world’s most valuable solar technology company with the highest market value. Innovation and sustainable development are two of LONGi’s core values. Key points include:
- High module efficiency – up to 20.6%
- Low solar irradiance performance
- Low LID PERC technology with the lowest power degradation
- High energy yield
- Improved PID resistance
- Resilient design that can withstand high wind, snow and other mechanical loads
- 12 year product warranty
- 25 year linear power output warranty (performance warranty).
Trina – Trina solar
Trina is a Chinese company and well respected name in solar panel manufacturing. They produce quality tier 1 panels that are installed around the world.
Trina Solar has:
- 10 year product warranty and a 25 year linear power warranty
- Local technical support in Australia
- Continual investment in R&D in Australia
- Solid partnerships with the Australian National University and the Australian Solar institute, developing next generation technology in Canberra.
What’s in a Solar Panel?
Here’s a simple guide on a crucial part – the photo-voltaic (PV) cells…
Multi-crystalline (Poly) solar cells
Poly-crystalline cells have very good temperature coefficients. You can recognize the difference by the speckled appearance of poly-crystalline. Poly-crystalline is well suited to Perth’s hot weather conditions.
Mono-crystalline solar cell
Mono-crystalline PV-cells are made from thin slices of a single crystalline silicon ingot, where Poly-crystalline has many small silicon crystals.
Back contact technology – mono-crystalline cell
Back contact mono-crystalline PV-cells have the highest output capacity per square metre. They also have the highest efficiency panels available on the market today.